- Seine fishingSeine fishing is a method of fishing that employs a purse seine, a large net, to encircle shoaling fish. This fishing method is very selective as it drastically reduces the risk of bycatches of other species compared to other fishing methods.
In order to be an active participant in the worldwide bio-diversity preservation effort, since 2009, OLVEA Group took the pledge to:
– Source our fish oils in geographical zones where the fish stocks have been monitored and assessed by the FAO as sustainable.
– Guarantee that the fish species used in the production of our Omega-3 oils are not on the IUCN red list of threatened species.
– Guarantee the fish species used in the production of our Omega-3 oils are nor on the appendices I to III of the CITES Convention.
– Follow the FAO code of conduct for responsible fishing and fish farming and provide to our eco-responsible aquafeed customers fish oils processed exclusively from the by-products of the canned fish and the frozen fish industries.
As a result of our commitment to sustainable fishing, OLVEA Fish Oils was awarded the certification « Friend Of the Sea » in 2011.