Sustainability has always been one of OLVEA’s core values. Since 2018, OLVEA formalizes its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) approach, with dedicated leading employees, through a policy and an action plan, accompanied by ambitious and quantifiable goals with the horizon of OLVEA’s 100th anniversary in 2029. Since 2020, OLVEA goes further by publishing annually its CSR performance report, OLVEAct Now, which is also shared with the United Nations as part of our membership to the Global Compact.
OLVEA’s management carries out its commitments through its collaborators, whether they concern ethical business, compliance with regulations or responsible procurement.
OLVEA is committed to being a major and sustainable player in the local development of the regions where the Group operates.
OLVEA is committed to improving its environmental impact through an effective environmental management, from which regular protective and preventive actions result.
Thanks to the daily involvement of its collaborators, OLVEA guarantees to its clients listening, transparency and reactivity.
OLVEA invests continuously and sustainably in order to offer products that always suit the needs of its customers and the market.
SOCIAL, RELATIONSHIP & WORKING CONDITIONS
OLVEA is committed to having happy and fulfilled collaborators, and focuses on working conditions allowing the personal and professional development of everyone.
OLVEA has listed all of its CSR actions, initiatives and commitments in its OLVEAct Now report, among which:
• The OLVEA Group is a signatory of the United Nations Global Compact since 2015, which means we committed to the 10 principles related to Human rights, international labour standards, environment and anti-corruption, and we are submitting a Communication on Progress each year;
• In 2018, OLVEA inaugurated OLVEA Green Technologies, one of Europe’s first green and eco-design refinery plants for vegetable and fish oils;
• OLVEA raises awareness about eco-actions every day among its collaborators, by making available an electric car, ecocups, tote bags and recycling bins to them on its French sites.
• On January, 1st, 2019, OLVEA decided to remove all single-use plastic cups and bottles from its sites in France ;
• OLVEA Fish Oils is committed to sourcing its fish oils from fishing areas where fish stocks have been monitored and assessed by the FAO and local research institutes as not being at risk of collapse;
• In 2019, OLVEA Fish Oils decided to formalize its approach and actions on sustainability into a comprehensive sustainability policy for fish oils sourcing. This sustainable procurement policy concretizes the formal commitment of OLVEA and its management, to source 90% of fish oils from responsible sources by 2022;
• OLVEA Fish Oils is an « SFP Target 75 Champion », and has set the goal of seeing 75% or more of global seafood volumes in key sectors being produced in a sustainable manner, or improving towards sustainability, by 2020. As a « Target 75 Champion », OLVEA is also an implementor of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 14 « Life below water », whose objective is to conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas, and marine resources for sustainable development.
OLVEA created a Philanthropic Fund in 2007, which carries out cultural, social and environmental actions in France and abroad, especially in Morocco and Burkina Faso. Since then, OLVEA’s Philanthropic Fund has organized projects such as literacy campaigns in Africa, restoration of a church, students’ sponsorships, artworks, etc.
In Morocco, OLVEA has created Marocavie, a charitable organization aiming to fight against the desertification and rural exodus as well as improve the children’s schooling conditions and the socio-economic development of women and their families. Marocavie is financing projects such as medical campaigns, food distributions, school infrastructures, reforestation, etc.